Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Farr Out

Apologies if this topic has been covered ad nauseum in blogland, but due to an insane workload as of late, I am woefully behind on my blog reading, so this is news to me...but may not be to you.

In perhaps a fated coincidence, two different clients brought me the above image as one of their inspirational tear sheets within a matter of weeks, published on the cover of Australian Vogue Living several months ago. All I could think of each time was "CHAIRS! Must. Have. Chair. Fabric." Through some help from aforementioned client and a little digging, I discovered the fabric was by Christopher Farr. Who?

I pride myself on being something of a "fabulous fabric" connoisseur, so I was quite stumped by this discovery; I'd never heard of Christopher Farr, so imagine my surprise when I visited his fantastic Web site and saw these:

Glorious! Something like a marriage between Schumacher and Raoul Textiles, but with the adventurous color combinations that the Brits always deliver. Here are some close-ups of some of the wonderful patterns:


"Carnival"


"Anna"



"Curica"

(...reminds me a bit of one of my favorite Florence Broadhurst patterns, "Cockatoo," now being made by Australia's Signature Prints:

...and there's also a Brunschwig & Fils pattern that's nearly identical, but I digress... back to Christopher Farr)

"Brisa"

Part of me hates to share my fabric discovery, feeling like it's my own little secret, but I have a sneaking feeling the secret is out.

We have a big batch of Christopher Farr samples arriving at the shop this week, so come see them in person; I suspect they will be even more lovely in person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin