Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Over It


I don't know about you, but I go through phases where I pretend blogs don't exist -- not just my blog (obviously I pretend it is invisible, based on my posting frequency as of late!), but every blog. Keeping up to date with the scads of blogs I follow sometimes overwhelms me. My coping strategy? Ignore them and they will go away. (Also my strategy for dealing with problems -- clearly I have some issues to work out in therapy, but that's another post altogether.)

So this may not be news to you -- I have visions of it appearing anywhere and everywhere -- but to me, when I spotted it on Pinterest, it was like the clouds parted and a voice rang out from on high: overlays for customizing IKEA furniture!?! Genius. We're talking Nobel Prize-winning, Stephen Hawking-level genius.

Take a look and see what I mean:


Read all about this project here. The pagoda is ridiculous.


Did I mention these can also be applied to mirror and glass? Imagine the possibilities.



Lack side table customized with Greek key overlay


Reminds me of this

Imminent MENSA members Cheryle Rhuda and Danike Herrick developed these paintable composite overlays to customize popular IKEA pieces from its MALM, PAX, and LACK lines, among others. They also offer custom options if you have other non-IKEA pieces you'd like to pep up.

Every so often, I see something that makes me think, "Why didn't I think of that?" This is one of those times.

I can't wait to try it!


2 comments:

Pinkluna said...

Thank you! I've been looking for something like this for over a year. I even contacted metal fabricators with no luck (too small an order) and tried radiator panels from home depot (too heavy!)
I love your blog!

All Women Everywhere said...

Happy to help! These are such an ingenious invention...can't wait to try them myself. Thanks for reading!

Leah

Blog Widget by LinkWithin