Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Celerie Stalker


Firstly, how good is that headline? (I hate to toot my own horn, but it had to be said.)

Normally I tend to single out more substantive items like chairs or vintage patio sets or the like to create an entire blog post around, but after spending some time hunkered down with a new book we just welcomed to the shop, I couldn't resist.
The book in question? Fab decorator Celerie Kemble's new book, To Your Taste. Many of you may be familiar with Celerie's work from her numerous projects featured in top mags like Domino, House Beautiful, Home & Garden, etc., or with her line of furniture for LaneVenture (which we sell, incidentally), or with her new line of fabrics for F. Schumacher (which we also sell, incidentally!)

I, too, had long admired her work, but seeing it all together in a compilation, along with her surprisingly helpful design tips and insight into her design process, has transformed me into a huge fan. There are so many fabulous rooms in this book, and (in a rare happening for design books) the text is alone worth the purchase price. There is much to enrich those of you (including me!) preparing to tackle a design project, or perhaps in the midst of one.

Come by and pick one up, or at the very least, sit a spell on our fancy MetroSofa settee and take it all in. We think you'll be stalking Celerie soon, too.

2 comments:

thebubbreport said...

I have to say, most of the time I only ogle the photographs in design books and I don't bother reading them, b/c the writing is often bad. Not since Billy Baldwin's books have I enjoyed such good writing in a design book. Celerie's very well-rounded education really shines through.

Good title by the way :)

becky

All Women Everywhere said...

Thanks, Becky. I was quite proud of it myself. Half the time I think my blog is just a ruse for thinking up good (sometimes not-so-good) puns.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin