I'd like to thank the Academy, my mom and dad...oh, sorry--just practicing my acceptance speech, as our humble little blog has received its first award...well, award *nomination*, but let's not dwell on the details.
2. Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let your nominees know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link to the person from whom you have received your Splash Award.
1. Rebecca June, who is so sweet and cute it hurts....in a good way. We would have listed her even if she hadn't nominated us. Every image she posts is a keeper!
2. Jen West Design and her side-splitting blog jentrified, which incidentally gets my vote for best blog name ever. Not only is Jen's style impeccable but she could moonlight as a stand-up comedienne.
3. The incomparable isuwannee, both for its awesome southern name and Jamie's wry and honest style. Her "looking at on eBay" is a perennial favorite, and she will forever be associated in my mind with fabulous bookcases.
4. isuwannee's more caustic but equally hilarious cousin, Decorno, where we can read people's brutal truths on everything from zebra rugs to the economy to bedroom advice. What more could you want in a blog? It doesn't hurt that she gives us shout-outs every now and then.
5. Pink Wallpaper, whose posts are exactly what I would write about, and images I would show, if she didn't do it first, and more than likely, better.
6. What Is James Wearing, to which I was introduced by my #2 candidate above, Jen West. James is completely fabulous and I wish more than almost anything that I could go shopping with him.
9. Joni at Cote de Texas. Though our styles are quite different--mine of the color and lacquer, hers of the neutrals and linen--Joni's passion for what she writes about shines through in every post and makes for great reading.