Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Moore to Marriage


As I have mentioned ad nauseum, one of the best perks of owning a store is all the wonderful people who come through your doors (and one of the worst is the less-than-wonderful folks, but that's another post entirely); some you chat with once and you may not meet again, others you meet and come to call friends.

A person who falls into the second group became my friend for a number of reasons, not the least of which was her wonderful (then) boyfriend, who used to serve up my coffee back in my first Seattle neighborhood and is, incidentally, one of the nicest people ever to grace the earth.

They walked into the shop a few weeks after we opened, and have since spent more time with me there than almost anyone else. (Sorry, guys, but you know it's true.)

Why do I mention these lovely folks in such a public forum? Because a few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of attending their fabulous post-wedding celebration....me, and "Seattle Bride" magazine, and "Evening Magazine," and Jean Enerson, and...well, you get the picture.

The bride was none other than lifestyle and entertaining guru Kelley Moore, seen regularly in "Seattle Magazine," on KING-5, and everywhere from "The Rachael Ray Show" to "Ellen" to "Tyra".... the girl gets around.

And that's a good thing for her husband, the equally connected Brent Martin, coffee man extraordinare and owner of the fabulous Muse Coffee Co. (Have you been? You must go.)

The party celebrated their fairytale-like (secret) wedding at an Ice Hotel in Quebec City (apparently our invitation got lost in the mail or something) and was, unsurprisingly, completely lovely. Our favorite aspect--though we are admittedly biased--was the "Kelley-ized" art installation utilizing many of the best items from the shop to illustrate the feminine and masculine sides of their union, all displayed artfully on a giant teeter totter. That's right: teeter totter.

Watch some of the highlights of the party here, if only to see my husband and I wandering aimlessly behind Kelley at the end. Too funny.

We love you, Kelley and Brent. Congratulations, and best wishes for years of happiness and success....and not just because you will then buy more furniture from us. Honest.

2 comments:

Dumbwit Tellher said...

What a fabulous event & at the Ice Hotel!
Off the cuff but I love Jean Enerson and miss her since moving. I was a fan of King 5 for too many years to count. Loved getting a glimpse of her working her magic @ at the 4th of July fireworks at Gas Works Park. Random act of homesickness there!

(:

Siiri said...

Nice! That party looked so great and an intimate space! (I saw you and your huz at the end, but I've never met him so I'm just assuming it was him!)

I had no idea Kelley was a local Seattlite. I hope you had a blast!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin